Thursday, October 20, 2005

FEMA's Mike Brown inconvenienced by hurricane demands

As reported by AP via Yahoo, Brown's press secretary Sharon Worthy e-mailed FEMA staff chiding them for interrupting Brown's Baton Rouge restaurant visits:
'He needs much more that (sic) 20 or 30 minutes,' Worthy wrote.

'Restaurants are getting busy,' she said. 'We now have traffic to encounter to go to and from a location of his choise (sic), followed by wait service from the restaurant staff, eating, etc. Thank you.'
Via Billmon (headline: "Waiter, There's a City in my Toxic Soup"), who asks, "Would it have killed him to order take out?"

UPDATE, 10/20: Associated Press via Herald News Daily: 8/31 response from Marty Bahamonde, FEMA Northeast regional director for New England, on site in New Orleans:
"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! No won‘t go any further, too easy of a target. Just tell her that I just ate an MRE and crapped in the hallway of the Superdome along with 30,000 other close friends so I understand her concern about busy restaurants. Maybe tonight I will have time to move my pebbles on the parking garage floor so they don‘t stab me in the back while I try to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home